Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 6, 2010 Sea Turtle and Dolphins

The last two days have been windless. Every once in a while I get teased into raising the genoa, but it never lasts, and is never enough to turn off the motor.

We saw a turtle yesterday. He was getting rolled in the bow wave. I'm sure he was thinking "WTF, a whole Pacific Ocean, and you have to go blasting by me at 5 knots...?"

During the night watch, I saw the tip of the crescent moon rise, and for a moment it looked like a sail made of moonlight.

In the morning Dave woke me up to look at Dolphins playing with the boat. He was very excited.

After the dolphins left, we found another fishing float (but still not glass).

This evening at 6:30 PM we got enough wind to sail without the motor for about two hours. It was so peaceful and quite.

I tried adding fuel, but it made a mess as there was an air bubble or something. I am not sure where we stand with the fuel as I was only able to add about 7 gallons today. We still have 45 gallons in jerry cans. The wind seems to be picking up after dinner now, so hopefully I won't have to worry about the fuel situation.

The big decision for tonight is whether to leave the genoa up, or take it down. We will decide as it gets darker.

Current position is:
37.10 x 144.04
Baro: 1026
Wind: 6 knots from 075

See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment